Error in textFont reporting?

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Tue Jan 16 09:34:13 EST 2007

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I suspect it might have
been), but a quick answer from somebody could be quicker than searching.

I have a single word (e.g. robert) in a field "test".
The whole word is in the Courier font, but the middle 2 letters are of a
size different to the others.

I am doing something like this in the field's coding:

on mouseMove
  if the selectedText is not empty then
    put the textFont of the selectedText into field "result"
  end if
 end mouseMove

OR

on mouseMove
  if the selectedChunk is not empty then
    put the textFont of the selectedChunk into field "result"
  end if
 end mouseMove

If I select the whole word in field "test", instead of "courier" in the
field "result" I get "mixed". But it is the SIZE that is mixed, NOT the
font name!

I am using Rev 2.6.1.
Am I doing something silly, or is this a known error?
If it is a known error, is there a workaround?
Has it been fixed in Rev 2.7?

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Bob