OT: lost everything, macbook and its HD broken.

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 01:52:49 EST 2007

Andre,

Very, very sorry to hear about your dire circumstances.  There are a few
times when having to reprogram an app or two can be a good thing, but not
the whole working environment.

If you get back up and running, let me know.  It is so easy for me to set up
an area on my web host for file storage for you (login and pswd protected).
There would be no cost and 5 or 6 g would be just fine.

You should have said something to someone in the group, since many of us
have drive space available on the net somewhere.

I don't know anything about drive recovery, but perhaps someone out here
does.  Sometimes a college or university will have someone who can work
magic, especially with all the computer labs in the world these days.  Even
better, they might try to do it for very low cost.

Good luck and let me know.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas