Cron job w/ Rev CGI

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Jan 14 07:35:04 EST 2007

Well, I figured out how to suppress the error messages. I can add a second
parameter to the end of the crontab entry which redirects error messages to
the file/directory of my choice.

2>/dev/null

So, the whole string is

*/15   *   *   *   *   /path/to/cgi/script.rev >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

or simply

*/15   *   *   *   *   /path/to/cgi/script.rev >/dev/null 2>&1

The error seems to occur because the rev engine is looking for graphics
libraries which either don't exist, or cannot be found (because my hosting
provider does not provide environment variables to cron jobs).

Next, I'll be experimenting with "send XX to me in NN minutes" to see if
that kind of thing works in a CGI.

Thanks!

news:eoc25u$6ca$1 at sea.gmane.org...