Way to read from USB port with Rev (Bar Code Reader)

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 14 03:25:52 EST 2007

"say, can you tell me which barcode reader you've tried this with?"

Sure, its a Datalogic Gryphon.  Any reader which uses a Y cable to connect
should work however.

The only problem I can see with this method is that you have to ensure that
the window in which your data is going to be entered has focus.  And if the
user does something with the mouse or keyboard, those events will be
registered as well.  So maybe some sort of script is necessary when the Rev
application is opened that somehow locks down the input.  If its for your own
use rather than in a production environment that shouldn't be an issue.

The Gryphon is a nice piece of gear.  You press the trigger.  A light bar
shines out of the scanner end.  You move the light bar to the bar code, it
beeps, a green light appears, and the data appears in the field.   Pretty
robust and available used quite cheaply.