Properties not locking in

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Jan 13 14:18:04 EST 2007

You could simply put a fixed wait in, say 10 or 20 millisecs (not
enough fro the user to notice, but enough for the player to sort
itself out, you'll have to experiment to see what works well), or do
a send in time that keeps going until the player is ready:

on checkPlayer
wait 10 millisecs
if the formattedWidth of player "Output" > 0 then
   doFormatting
else
   send "checkPlayer" to me in 10 millisecs
end if
end checkPlayer

Best,

Mark