Any way to use BlueTooth Flic barcode scanner in Rev?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 12 13:10:40 EST 2007

Recently, rgould8 at aol.com wrote:

>  it sounds like the only drawback is:
>
>  1) A clunky cable interface

Well, IMO, a scanner that has some kind of display on it would be the ideal.
Because this unit has no display, there's no way to know how many items are
on it or what you last scanned, but then again it's a relatively inexpensive
unit.

>  I forgot to ask - - - are you doing this on a Mac or Windows platform? Would
> this work with a Mac?

Mac.

>  How does the scanner know that the data actually made it into the computer
> before it deletes all it's contents?

It doesn't care.  It sends the text whether there's a field or not, the same
as if you'd typed on your keyboard without being focused on a field.  It
works 2 ways:
1) without the cable connected, it stores scans and then dumps them when the
cable is attached
2) with the cable connected, each scan is dumped immediately

OK, enough [OT] for the list.  Back to more important Rev matters.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design