Force interrupt

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Fri Jan 12 11:51:44 EST 2007

Thanks Steve, but I couldn't get your suggestion to work. Sounded
like a good idea, though. Here's an example of what I'd like to have
happen.

Script of btn 1:

on mouseup
   repeat with i = 1 to 10000
      put i
      if i = 200 then tryit
   end repeat
end mouseup

on tryit
    ---do something here that stops the repeat loop from running
end tryit

Here's the tough part... I can't know in advance where the running
script is originating. I simply know something is running somewhere
in my stack, and whatever it is, I want to abort it via script control.

Thanks.
Richard