Broadcasts On OS X - Oops!

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Thu Jan 11 14:53:17 EST 2007

Hi,

As a workaround witch works for me with any Rev issues i still use
(2.51 to 2.74) under the Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu or Solaris
platforms :

Build your stack under the Metacard (2.32 to 2.5 issues tested OK)
first. Reopen and save this stack  as "stack.rev" under the Rev
environment and it will still run OK your TCP/IP sockets tasks, even
if you are going head in continue to develop this stack under the Rev
platform.

Best Regards,

Le 11 janv. 07 à 19:12, Mark Wieder a écrit :

> Alex-
>
> Thursday, January 11, 2007, 9:56:01 AM, you wrote:
>
>> It is certainly possible to send a broadcast packet from OSX (e.g.
>> you
>> can do "ping 192.168.1.255" and it works correctly), but I don't know
>> whether or not it is possible to do it from Rev. I'll play with it
>> some
>> more later tonight when I can have more than one machine on my
>> network ....
>>>

> What Alex said. But if I'm remembering correctly, you can send
> broadcast packets from rev, but a bug in rev prevents them from being
> accepted and responded to. So the whole exercise is probably moot.
>
> Or in this case, mute.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net