BUG: importing image files crash rev 2.7.5

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Jan 11 09:06:20 EST 2007

Richard,

> Is there a plan to adopt the more common industry convention of simply
> "Development", "Alpha", "Beta", "Gamma", "Release"?

We already are using the "Beta" label as the "public" naming scheme for
releases. But in the immediate future, the "dp" internal naming system is
not going to go away. It's baked into the "build tools" used to create
releases. I suspect, for example, that "Beta 2" will be named "dp-3, build
NNN." The build tools otherwise work reliably, and all resources are being
directed to the Revolution product itself.

For now we'll just have to wrap our heads around each release having three
numbers: Beta #, dp #, and build #. If it helps, you might think of it the
way that Rev buttons can have a label, a name, an ID number, and an ordinal
number.