Any way to use BlueTooth Flic barcode scanner in Rev?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jan 10 11:34:48 EST 2007

There are a lot of bar code scanners out there. Most will work
substituting for a keyboard and with any software.

USB seems to be the lingua franca these days, in which case it should
just plug in to a USB port and will simply type a number into 'the
selection' in a field after scanning. This will work with any app
that allows input into fields.

some wands can 'remember' and timestamp many scans and could be
docked periodically for data download.

serial port for interface might be found in older models. Rev can do
this, either through a real port on a PC or a virtual port with a
Keyspan USB-serial dongle.

If the device is bundled with inventory software, beware of
proprietary connections and platform incompatibilities.

bluetooth might work if the drivers patch into the keyboard input,
the computer in use has bluetooth, and all the compatibility issues
are met. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use a wire?  You won't need
anything else if you get a USB-as-keyboard unit.

so choose wisely and talk to tech support before you buy.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o