beep-answer-freeze

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jan 9 19:06:10 EST 2007

Hello,

I am currently having the following problem on a very modern and fast
PC with a dual processor --sorry, those are the only specs I
currently have. If I run the following script:

beep
answer "hi"

it takes a very long time, like 5 minutes or so, before the answer
dialog appears. I might also wait one minute, press control-alt-
delete and close the task manager (without interrupting any process)
and the answer dialog will appear while the task manager is on-screen.

The problem is not necessarily related to the fact that this is a
dual-processor PC. I would very much appreciate any information
regarding dual-processor PC's, the described problem, possible
causes, and maybe even possible workarounds besides taking out the beep.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk