ejecting a disk after using "the files" funtion

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Jan 9 06:54:57 EST 2007

At 9:59 PM -0800 1/7/2007, Scott Rossi wrote:
>Recently, Rich Lague wrote:
>
>> When I try to eject
>> the CD I just cataloged so I can go to the next CD, I get this
>> message, "The disk (here it puts the name of the disk,) is in use and
>> could not be ejected."
>>
>> I find that if I then use the function "the files" on a different
>> disk it allows me to eject the disk I just cataloged. How can I get
>> the function "the files" to let go of me CD so I can eject it and go
>> on to the next CD?
>
>I believe if you set the directory to another volume other than the CD you
>should be able to eject the CD.

Scott is right. Setting the defaultFolder to some folder that's not on the disk to be ejected will also let you eject it (a little simpler than using the files function).

(Basically, if an application is using a folder as its current working directory, the OS will mark that directory as being in use and won't allow you to eject the volume. It's the same as when you have a file on that disk open and therefore can't eject it.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com