revDataFromQuery, Rev cgi & mySQL

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 5 07:54:14 EST 2007

Hi list,

For some reasons too long to explain here, I need to dump
large amounts of data from a mySQL table to a txt file (for instance
15 columns for 35000 records that represents about 1.5 Mb).

I'm using Rev cgi 2.5 and mySQL 3.23.
I use revDataFromQuery which happens to be VERY slow
(about 20 sec to get 1.5 Mb of data from mySQL)...

I was wondering if there was any way to speed up such data
transfer between mySQL and Rev cgi, or may be to send to
mySQL (may be via the shell)  an SQL request to dump the
content of some columns of a table into a txt file that could be
opened later from Rev cgi...

Any help on this domain would be greatly apreciated...

Thanks in advance,
JB