No Beep sound

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 22:31:52 EST 2007

On 1/4/07 6:03 PM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at Cox.Net> wrote:

> Anyone using OSX 10.4.8 on a Mac-Mini able to hear a beep sound? I
> get nothing and I do have external speakers attached. Until I got the
> external speakers all sound was very hard to hear; almost mute. Not
> just on RR, either.

The Mac mini is really set up for the external speaker config.  I don't
think they wasted space inside the tiny box for a good speaker, or volume.

One bummer I have noticed is that if you restart the mini, the volume
reverts to 50% or less, no matter what the setting was.  Fortunately, I only
need to restart about once every 3-4 months, and I am running 3 Mac mini's
every day.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas