Automatic tagging of text

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Thu Jan 4 07:58:16 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to automate something very repetitive here and I'm
wondering if anyone has an example stack that does automatic
generation of html anchor tags for email addresses and URLs?

I would assume that this would include ensuring that the resulting
email address and URIs are properly formed and that checking is done
in case some tags are already there - properly dealing with cases
like: http://www.runrev.com/ vs www.runrev.com and then taking the
appropriate action to <a
href="http://www.runrev.com/">http://www.runrev.com/</a>

Has anyone done this yet? We have a situation where we get long text
articles and this automatic capability will help tremendously in
helping us eliminate the amount of work by hand.

Jesse