How to test Rev in other platforms?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Jan 2 21:55:08 EST 2007

Mark,

then it is more difficult... Enterprise licensees (I can't spell in
english, you know) will be able to install development environment in
all OS... if you're a studio owner and just want to get that
standalone working, then, the quickest shot is since you have your
friends laptop with you, you can download a studio trial for Win32
and debug it with the trial... don't know.... I am usually doing
network stuff where I don't generate standalones. :-)

Cheers
andre

On Jan 3, 2007, at 12:49 AM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> Thanks, Andre.  I'll do that.
>
> In this case, however, nothing is "broken," it just doesn't work
> properly, as it does in development and in the Mac standalones.  No
> error messages would be generated (I don't think.)
>
> Mark
>

> On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> as a simple way to debug try going to your "standalone settings"
>> and to the "bug" tab, include in your standalone the error report
>> tool and allow it to send an email to you. In this email, you'll
>> see the handler/function where the error happened and maybe a line
>> number or some meaningful data.
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> On Jan 3, 2007, at 12:33 AM, Mark Swindell wrote:
>>
>>> I just made a standalone of a project I've been working on.  It
>>> runs fine in OS X (and OS 9).
>>> So I borrowed a friend's laptop and ran the Windows exe (I don't
>>> have a Windows machine or Windows rev license for Windows).
>>> There's a problem, but I can't figure out what's causing it.
>>>
>>> Is there a way within Rev for a person figure out what's wrong on
>>> the Windows side of things without buying a WIndows machine and
>>> development environment?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mark