Hairlines and Scaling

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Mon Jan 1 03:07:50 EST 2007

Thanks for your response, Scott.

I suppose one method for me to achieve this effect will be to print
my output at a 50% magnification. This would reduce one pixel lines
to half a pixel. Of course this means that the objects themselves
will have to be drawn at twice their size in order to produce an
accurately scaled drawing. Using one of my other programming
languages I was able to do Hairlines; whether they were 1/2 pixel
width or not, I'm not sure; but they looked narrower. FYI, I'm
planning to write a program that can be used to create shop drawings
of a manufacturer's product by providing digital input, rather than
having to actually draw the items. Once I've figured out how to do
this it will reduce the time to produce these drawings, properly
label and date everything to minutes instead of the days it now
takes; even using CAD systems.

Again, thanks,

Joe Wilkins