like pass, but without ending the handler

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Feb 28 17:29:30 EST 2007

Hey Mark,

I'm actually interfacing with a Python scripting tool already embedded
in a 3-D application. Plus it's on WinXP as well.

Your wait with messages is probably the ticket. I had thought of
something similar but discarded as I just don't know if it's
'blocking' when it's being called from within a different handler.
IOW, the original handler must stay in a suspended state until the
library returns a value and thus 'locks up' the interface. I really
don't know, guess I need to do some mock-ups.  I also need to work out
the fail-safe and error correction stuff.

I suppose I'll also need "stop it now" button which will exit the
loop, assuming the interface isn't 'Locked Up.' The button would write
a file which the library is looking for.

This gives me something to work with. Thanks a bunch :-)

best,
Chipp