Umlaut

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Feb 28 10:13:47 EST 2007

Franz, I think the problem here is that the particular character/
diacritic that we want (n + trema) does not seem to occur as a
'precomposed' character (unlike n + tilde) - and although it can be
represented in unicode as a combination of the character followed by
the code for the trema, the text rendering engine in Revolution seems
to be unable to deal with such combinations.

Mark is obviously right that we can create the right code for what we
want and write it to a file that some other (more unicode-friendly)
application can display correctly, but it seems that we can't display
it simply in Revolution.

One solution might be to take a snapshot of it in another app, (in
the right font and size, of course) and then use the resulting image
data in Revolution. A kludge, for sure, but should work.

Best,

Mark