Umlaut

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Feb 28 09:26:14 EST 2007

Hi Mark and Signe Marie,

The ability to display combined unicode characters depends on the
text engine used by the software. Revolution's text engine is much
oder than the invention of combining diaresis. There is a slight
possibility that I am wrong, but I don't think that Revolution is
able to display combining diaresis in text fields.

It is still possible to convert a simple text containing "n¨" to
correct unicode. Just get the unicodeText from the field and replace
all unicode characters representing "n¨" with the binary form of the
hex value 006ecc88 before writing the data to a file.

Looking for a solution, I found a nice set of fonts here:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
site_id=nrsi&item_id=CharisSIL_download#277fc10b

but guess what: no n-umlaut.

Signe Marie, have you thought of creating a special font file with
just the characters you need? This shouldn't be too difficult.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 28-feb-2007, om 13:54 heeft Mark Smith het volgende geschreven: