Quicktime -- >Vista

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Feb 27 04:24:36 EST 2007

J. Landman Gay <jacque at ...> writes:

> Ian Wood wrote:
> > Apple software isn't *certified* for Vista yet. Which also applies to
> > certain bits of MS software. Compatibility is a totally different matter
> > - iTunes needed a patch, but apart from that I believe it all works OK.
> >
> > With the exception of QT on Vista 64-bit, which is no surprise as QT
> > didn't work properly on XP 64-bit.
>
> It would be good to know for sure, since this issue will affect a lot of
> us, and the article said "not compatible" specifically. Are you running
> Vista yet? Would it be possible for you to check for us?

I can offer a single datapoint: a CD-ROM we last updated a couple of years
ago, which comes with QT 6.4 on the disk.   We've been asked by the client,
who's still selling the stock, to check and did this yesterday.  Ran fine
on Vista Business, installing QT off the disk; and we then tried de-installing
that and installing the latest QT (7.1) from Apple's web site, and it still
seemed fine.

In fact Vista fixes a bug that appeared in our product when QT 6 was released
on XP.

However, this product really doesn't exercise QT at all hard - so it's just
a datapoint.  But certainly evidence that "not certified" != "doesn't work".

- Ben