Bar code generation & reading

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 02:02:26 EST 2007

Wonder whether someone with experience of bar codes could help with this -
Sarah??

My bar code reading app now finally seems to work, and the reader is on a Y
connection with the keyboard (so called Wedge).  All the commercially printed
codes I've tried work fine, even the most tiny ones, or ones partly obscured
by a price sticker.  So its a fine reader (Gryphon).  There is just one last
glitch.

Reading codes we generate doesn't work.  I am using kbarcode, saving them as
pngs, and then printing on a laser printer on ordinary paper. The great merit
of kbarcode is of course, it is free and will also do label printing....

I've used code 39 as well as others, makes no odds.  The size of the png also
makes no odds.  .

Is there some special magic to generating and printing readable bar codes?

Peter