Something that Drives me *CRAZY*

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 26 11:53:45 EST 2007

Dave wrote:
> Yes, time would work, or would be better to have it so you had to
> mouse up, mouse down (select the object) and then mouse down again to
> move it. In conjunction with this, would it be better to have an area
> of the object that must be clicked on before movement is allowed?
> Obviously we'd want it work ok with Windows and I don't really have
> much experience using Windows tools and so don't know would be
> acceptable.

This has already been thought through in great detail:

   If the user selects an item and begins a drag but releases
   the item after having moved it three or fewer pixels, the
   item does not move.
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGUserInput/chapter_11_section_2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000361-TPXREF10>

If Rev doesn't conform to this it's a bug and can be reported here:
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation