Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Feb 26 02:14:59 EST 2007

Jim,

Why do you want to store images in MySQL? I know it can be done but
Blobs can be tricky and I imagine that big binaries slow down the SQL
server quite a bit.

Have you considered storing *references* to the images in the
database instead? Instead of a blob, you could be storing the text
string like

"http://yourserver.com/images/234204.jpg"

You could store the images on a web or other server. It is far easier
managing images in their native storage format. I doubt it would be
faster to store images in a database, and require a loading step for
each image.

You'll note that the php program Gallery uses this method. Gallery
never stores image data in MySQL.

sqb

--

stephen barncard