ANN: Vista "Gotchas" You Should Know About

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 07:29:10 EST 2007

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Martin Baxter wrote:
>> I don't know about the chances of this actually succeeding but
>> Microsoft is clearly attempting to do something about that. See:
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/starter/default.mspx>
>>

> LOL - that site says it all.  Not in content, but in form:  using
> Firefox on my Mac, that site looks like hell with text colors in the
> header all wrong, columns out of alignment, fonts at awkward sizes.
>
> It looks like Microsoft is now designing their site to work only with
> Microsoft Internet Exploder.  Their historic obsession with trying to
> hijack open standards is eating away at their own effectiveness.
>
> Good luck, Mr. Gates.  80% of the market, and falling....

Actually it looked all right to me using windows firefox, but I was
quite amused that the link to vista home actually served the page about
ultimate. Hee hee. Multiuser multitasking industrial strength now with
added human failings.

I call it Exploder too, fancy that, <irony>what a surprising
coincidence</irony>. In fact I love to rename application shortcuts, I
think it promotes mental health if done irreverently enough. For
instance I was actually looking at the Microsoft site with Fireofax not
firefox, and I'm composing this email in the Thunderbox email client. I
edit my images in TofuShop, and do my Windows screen-captures using Snog-It.

Martin Baxter

[P.S.) for definition of "snog" see:
<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snog>