A Public Note to Mark Wieder and the Rev list:

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Feb 24 06:37:48 EST 2007

Marielle,

Mark most certainly did NOT just ask people to carefully check a
contract. He advised people not to do business with Josh, or
alternatively demand payment up front. He also suggested that Josh
would weasel out of contracts. Those are extremely defamatory
remarks. Furthermore, he named both Josh (by his full name) and his
business. What this amounts to, I don't know. But that is what he said.

Libel is a serious offense, and I don't think we want to throw around
that kind of legal term here. That has a specific legal definition
which includes both intent and purposeful false statements.

I am not a lawyer, and I don't think any of us should speculate on
whether libel was committed by either party.

I sincerely hope that the two parties can resolve this through
mediation and that this thread can end. My best to both Josh and Mark
in resolving this in the best possible way.