A Public Note to Mark Wieder and the Rev list:

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Sat Feb 24 02:55:51 EST 2007

First off I'd like to apologize to the list since this matter should
have been handled privately. However, due to the permanent and
irreversible repercussions of the original post I am forced to respond.

In 30 years as an entrepreneur, most recently 8 years as President of
DVcreators.net, I am proud to have upheld an impeccable standard of
personal and business ethics. My company, DVcreators.net, is an
industry leader, trusted by the world's most prestigious clients,
including Apple, Canon, Intel, HP and countless others, and over
100,000 loyal customers due to our deserved reputation not only for
the quality of our work but for the way we conduct business.

Your post seems to insinuate:

A. we hired a competent programmer to do a job
B. he did a good job
C. we did not pay the bill

All ethics aside, we did not attain our current level of success by
randomly choosing not to pay for professional work received. We have
many projects we need to get finished, and competent Revolution
programming is a key need of our company.

A much more likely scenario (and the truth) is:

A. client hires a programmer to do a job
B. programmer never delivers any code that works
C. after disappearing for months, the client reverts back to a
previous version of the stack, due to extensive damage done to the
project
D. programmer suddenly emails two months later, demanding payment
E. after being given another chance to fix problems (despite the poor
quality of previous code), programmer does not respond
F. two months later, posts a malicious, defamatory attack on the
client on a public listserve

But here is the bigger problem:

If you do a google search for "josh mellicker" there are about 2,000
results. Most informational, some glowing and complimentary.

Currently, your defamatory post (on mail-archive) ranks #3:
http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/
msg89310.html

Right now, or for the forseeable future, ANYONE doing research on my
company or myself, for example, venture capitalists who are
considering our company for possible investment, Fortune 500 clients
who are currently considering long term, high dollar contracts with
us, including one of the largest publishers in the world, potential
partners and employees, not to mention programmers, would probably
run across it. The damages of your post to our company could
potentially be in the hundreds of thousands.

As long as mail-archive, Nabble, Gmane and others archive list posts
(probably decades, if not forever) your libelous attack will be
available to any web searcher.

If you (or anyone) are thinking, "why didn't you just pay the bill,
even though you got nothing of any value, and avoid all this"? you
might consider a remedial business ethics course. Why should someone
who merely makes the mistake of hiring the wrong party be forced to
choose between extortion and libel?

Mark, I asked you in an email to consider posting an apology/
retraction (to no response). In the future, before posting a
defamatory attack on someone else, you might consider contacting them
first to resolve your differences. And before choosing to leave a
permanent, easily searchable and malicious statement against them
that is echoed to several public, web-searchable places, consider
that you are committing a serious criminal offense.

Sincerely,

Josh Mellicker
President/CEO
DVcreators.net