Something that Drives me *CRAZY*

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 01:17:52 EST 2007

On 2/23/07 5:09 PM, "Brad Sampson" <programmer711 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about the extra one... Curse Windows 98.  In any program I do
> that involves objects having to look nice, which means anything I
> design for someone else... so basically everything... I lock the
> position of just about everything to prevent this.  You can still move
> the objects with the arrow keys.  Another bother I have is that when I
> have a program with an image in the background that is as big as your
> stack, which most of my programs have, you cannot drag your mouse
> across a large area to select all of the objects in it.
> That's my comments...

Note:
click on the background image, then lock the location using the inspection
palette.  Now you will be able to drag-select again

I have found that if I make the 'bounce' happen, undo will correct this,
which is cmd/cntrl-z

option 1
use the right mouse button

option 2
utility stack script/ library script
on doLockAll
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of controls
       set the locklocation of control x to true
   end repeat
end doLockAll

from the message box "dolockAll"

option 3
group controls so that they are not readily selectable, set the lock
location of the group to true, rather than each control.

option 4
select the object by
-1-choose Select Grouped Controls in the Edit menu
-2-use Application Browser  from  the Tools menu) to click and select the
control in question, then use the Size in the inspection palette, or arrow,
etc.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas