Tri-state checkboxes

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Feb 23 16:27:33 EST 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:30:04 -0800, Mark Powell wrote:

> Ken:
>
> Sounds promising.  Is the size/location of the underlying checkbox
> predictable enough for this?  i.e. it doesn't pixel-creep from platform
> to platform?

Good question - I'm not sure, but I know it is at least consisitent
within its platform. You may end up needing to create one equivocal
image for each platform, in which case, the covering "image" would
probably be a button with the icon set to the proper platform's
equivocal image. I'd think you'd have to play around with it to see if
there's any "pixel-creep", but you could make up for it by adjusting
the image that's being put into the equivocal button (i.e. if you need
the image to go down and to the left one pixel, you can add an empty
pixel column on the left of the image, and an empty pixel row on the
top of the image).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com