Click Table (Jim Ault)

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 14:00:46 EST 2007

The key here is
> But a table field would (if it worked) be much better.
It is a question of field management, or cells within a table.  The Rev
table object is very difficult to manipulate and get a decent user
experience.

You mentioned column resizing, which would mean tab stop management in a
table object, or padding with spaces in a single field and you said
> (did it in hypercard all the time by aligning the report and getting
> the clickword, then checking for a sign).
In my opinion, this would be better than trying to use the current table
object.

My attempts to use it have been far from what I would want to use, let alone
put in front of a user.  Data in cells can appear partially hidden, over the
top of other cells, etc.

Perhaps you should give it a go and see what you think.  You might find that
you like the table object and it does what you want.

Someone else may have a different answer and perhaps an example stack of the
code loops they use to control the table object.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas