revZip and rev 2.8 gm-3

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:32:09 EST 2007

I'm having a problem that I'm wondering if anyone else has
experienced. This is OS X, btw.

I have an application that makes use of the revZip library. I have
the standalone builder settings set to search for required
inclusions. The first problem is that the revZip bundle does not get
copied to my standalone, which I believe is a long outstanding bug,
which I thought was supposed to have been fixed with 2.8. The second
problem is that, even if I manually copy the revZip.bundle into my
standalone package, the standalone errors when making a call to a
revZip function. In other words, it's not finding the bundle. I have
it copied to the Externals folder within the app bundle. I have also
tried explicitly setting the externals of my stack, but I can't seem
to get the path quite right to this Externals folder. The only way
I've been able to get it to work without errors is to simply set the
externals to "revzip.bundle" and then place the bundle directly next
to my app bundle, not inside it. But I would really like to have this
app be as self-contained as possible, so I'd prefer to have the
revzip.bundle inside my app bundle.

First of all, has anyone else experienced these problems with the
standalone builder Rev 2.8? I think I'm about ready to report them to
runtime. And second, what should I set the path to in the externals
property so that I can keep the revzip.bundle inside my app bundle? I
think I'm just not getting it quite right. I'd prefer to use a
relative path if possible. Should it be something like "./
[AppBundleName]/Contents/MacOS/Externals/revzip.bundle"? Can anyone
help?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield