Click Table

John Runde runde at uwplatt.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:38:50 EST 2007

I am doing some financial programming.  Of prime importance, is a a
Spreadsheet like field... I will call a "click field".  It is a
crucial piece of my project, and I have not been able to get it to
work.  Note that I am an accountant, not a programmer (but an old
hand at hypercard).

Here are the criteria I need:

1. a table field
2. the field is locked
3.  when you click on a cell, the row, column (item,line), should be
placed in the top, leftmost cell (i.e. "1,1").  This cell will be
reserved for this purpose.
4.  the table should scroll both H and V
5.  I should be able to resize the table as needed (for various cards).
6.  I will use code to populate the click field, it would be nice if
the field would auto adjust for column width.

This seems so simple, yet I cannot get it to work.  It has to have
something to do with properties, but danged if I can figure out
what.  I tried about every property setting in combination, but to no
avail.

Can someone program the above and either email it to me, or give me
the details.

email "runde at uwplatt.edu"

Many Thanks to any who will help,
jwr