Filling Combo Box from Database

Dave Ingledew - WCS dave at westcomp.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 15:27:10 EST 2007

Hi All,

Please be patient with me, I started programming (exploring) Revolution a few days ago. I'm not an inexperienced programmer, nearly 30 years with C, Informix, SQL WIndows and a bit of VB. But I'm still finding some of Revolutions syntax a bit strange. I love it though and I hope to use it lots in the future.

I'm trying to fill the menu or list items of a ComboBox with items selected from a database.
I've sorted out the database connection, opening the database, executing the SQL that selects the data and then using a While - Repeat loop to step through the dataset and displaying the data a record at a time with answer. So far so good but how on earth do I get this data into the ComboBox.

The best indication I found lurking in the description of the ComboBox was to use the "Text" property.

I've trawled the email Archive back to last August and though I've found a few ideas, which are going to be very helpful, nothing that helps with this.

If anybody can help I would be most grateful

Dave Ingledew
dave at westcomp.co.uk
www.westcomp.co.uk