Old bug still in Rev 2.8 OSX Chapter 4

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Feb 21 11:33:36 EST 2007

Joe,

Thanks for your input, but my problem is still there. If I double click a
stack in the finder to open it with Revolution not open already, the stack
will
not see any of the following handlers: on openStack, on openCard, on
startup,
on preOpenStack or on preOpenCard. I guess the problem is that I never plan
leave the IDE and I never plan to use my creations on anything besides
Macintoshes.
<<<

As others have explained previously, the "startup" message is designed
specifically for standalones and is not sent to stacks running under the IDE
no matter how they are launched. This is behaving exactly as documented.

I have made a sample stack to test your assertion:

http://wjm.org/linked/messagetester.rev

It properly triggers the preOpenStack, openStack, preOpenCard and openCard
handlers whether opened from within Rev or double-clicking the stack from
the Mac OS X Finder.

MacBook Core2Duo 2GHz, Mac OS X 10.4.8, Revolution 2.8 Build 350.

- Bill