Old bug still in Rev 2.8 :( Chapter 3

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Feb 20 21:28:15 EST 2007

Joe, I believe the startup handler is only sent to a stack when it's
the mainstack in a standalone. I could be wrong about this, but it
seems to be borne out by my experience (and yours, from the sound of
it).

My solution is to have startup call an "initApp" handler that does
initialising stuff:

on startup
   initApp
end startup

and then in the card script of card 1 of the mainstack:

on openCard
   if the environment is "Development" then initApp
   pass openCard
end openCard

There may well be better ways to handle this, but it works OK for me.

Best,

Mark