Parallels Desktop

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 09:32:01 EST 2007

1) Boot Camp sets up a new partition on your HD and you can install
Windows on that partition, then swap between Mac OS and Windows by
rebooting. For some hardware testing this is better than
virtualisation as the OS is dealing with the hardware directly. For
instance, you get access to the internal Bluetooth, which doesn't
(last time I looked) work under Parallels.

The beta version of Parallels let's you use this 'existing' copy of
Windows instead of needing a second install.

2) Windows application windows interleaved with Mac windows, instead
of it all being kept within the Parallels window/desktop. Personally
I'm not too keen as it's a horrible mess visually, but I can see the
attraction for others.

Ian