Parallels Desktop

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 19 22:49:56 EST 2007

I ditched my PC laptop and have been using Parallels Desktop on an Intel
MacBook Pro exclusively for the last 3 or 4 months. I do some fairly heavy
duty Rev development regularly under Parallels and haven't had any major
problems (that I didn't also have on a real windows box) to date. My only
quibble with it is that it can be fairly slow to start up, but then that
might be due to the fact that I've only got 1GB of RAM on-board. Provided
you don't try to have both sides doing a lot of work at the same time it all
seems to go pretty smoothly. Of course, the big advantage (for me at least)
of Parallels over Boot Camp is the shared folders and clipboard. There are
also apparently some nifty features available in the latest Beta but I
haven't had time to try them out.

So that's a thumbs up from me.

Terry...