Rev Resources

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Sat Feb 17 16:57:17 EST 2007

Marielle et al,

If nothing else, I'm flushing out a lot of info. It is obvious that
you have spent a great deal of time on these "approaches". I, also,
have to make a living and do all of this stuff in my "spare" time;
but I'm hoping to eventually know enough that I can shorten the time
I spend making a living by doing it more efficiently.

I just used the multiline msg box this past week to do some fairly
complicated calculations that I might have, ordinarily, tried to do
with a hand calculator. Not the kind of thing I have to do very
often, so I've not written any tools that can be used to do them. I
made a number of mistakes and ended up having to redo everything
several times before I obtained the answers I wanted. Without the msg
box this could have been a nightmare. I even uncovered one or two
"bugs" in the msg box that required a workaround. This whole process
will be grist for a future article on Macinstruct.com.

Again, thanks, Jacque too. I'm not thinking about all of the
scripting solutions that have been addressed so much as the types of
"things"; at least at the outset. Collating the scripting solutions
can come much later. Even providing key words for which to search in
the attempt to solve some challenge might be a big help. How many
times have one of you gone off on a wild goose chase only to find
that it would have been very simple if you had only been looking for
the correct phrase or word.

Joe Wilkins