Amazing Grace

barryb at libero.it barryb at libero.it
Sat Feb 17 10:38:30 EST 2007

Checking my email today after recently signing up for some of the Yahoo! Rev users mailing lists I found 131 spams although that mail server has been free from spam for years due to my careful deployment. Being on Yahoo in this case I had no choice but to divulge it.

I am not blaming those Lists (or Richmond) for this - I expected it and luckily they all go directly into the bin.

However, a solitary one got passed that system and nearly had me fooled for a few seconds. It was from a supposedly named REV SISTER GRACE, yes you've guessed, a Nigerian nun who, calmly blessing me, asked for my bank and personal identity info to trasfer my latest inheritance!

I just can't decide if it was a coincidence or not but it certainly avoided Yahoo!s filters.

All the best and watch out for this saintly soul,
Barry