Abracadabra...

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Feb 14 20:00:49 EST 2007

>  ... I have a problem.
>  There is a difference between  a file when I see it in the Variable
>Watcher before it was save and the file on the hard disk (there is
>an empty line between two line).
>So I write this when the file was saved ...
>

>   put homepath&"/debugtable1" into nomFich
>
>   open file nomFich for write
>   write file_to_write to file nomFich
>   close file nomFich
>

>   open file nomFich for read
>   read from file nomFich until EOF
>   close file nomFich
>
>   if it is not file_to_write then breakPoint
>
>... then Revolution make a break.
>
>I don't understand. It 's  magic spell ? Abracadabra ...

Probably something as silly as having a newline besides the return
character or something like that. You can compare the two "files" to
see where and what the difference is:

instead of

if it is not file_to_write then breakPoint

insert (untested)

put 0 into j
repeat for each char i in it
   add 1 to j
   if char j of file_to_write is not i then
     put char j of file_to_write into charJ
    if chartonum(charJ) < 32 then put "[" & chartonum(charJ) & "]" into charJ
     put i into charI
     if chartonum(charI) < 32 then put "[" & chartonum(charI) & "]" into charI
     answer "Difference at char" && j & colon && charJ && "vs" && charI
     exit repeat
   end if
end repeat

Robert