Is libURL required for a "get url..." statement?

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Feb 13 10:59:05 EST 2007

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Derek, would you be able to make that call from a preOpenCard handler in
> the first card of your mainStack?

Well, I thought of that as well, and it still wouldn't work.  When in
the development environment I am able to get the url, but in the
standalone, nothing.

What I am wondering is if I can initialize the "libURL" hidden group on
my own, to help ensure that the command is completed.  Would the
following work:

   send "openBackground" to group "libURL"

Or is it called something else?  I'll try it and see what happens.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/