Animated GIFS

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Feb 13 07:35:32 EST 2007

As far as I can tell, if I import an animated GIF into
Metacard/Revolution, the animation speed will be exactly as the GIF
was created in whatever graphics program created it.  And there is
nothing I need to do to ensure that the animation plays at the
desired speed.  (And hopefully the speed is perfect, because I didn't
find any overrides for it.)

I did not find much info in the docs on animated GIFS, so I'm hoping
y'all can verify, or share any gotchas :-)

Also, an animation can be set to not play, and be stopped at a
specific frame, correct?

set the repeatCount of image 1 to 0 # no repeating
set the currentFrame of image "Process" to 3 # the desired frame number

If the animated GIF is stored in one stack, set to no looping and
stopped at a specific frame, and you set the icon of a button to this
gif, the button will retain the info as desired, and show the stopped
animation.  Also correct I so hope??

If I've pretty well got the gist, then this makes my life very easy :-)

Thank you.

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software