Best way to Pass Results to a Field from an External

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Mon Feb 12 10:55:17 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have an External C/C++ function. One of the tasks it performs is to
analyze a large amount of data and generate three lines of output per
data "chunk", there are about 1000 chucks (but this can vary). I have
at present a C/++ loop in the external that goes through each chuck
and generates the data. Basically I would like to output the three
lines to an Revolution field.

This is what I would like to do in TranScript:

put "line1" & cr & "line2" & cr & "line3" & cr & cr after field
"DataLog"

What is the best way to achieve this in a C/C++ External? I can see
that I can get and set the contents of a Field but I can't see how to
use the "after" key word. Do I have to do a "get" on the field copy
the data to the end and then do a "set"? If so, do I use realloc() to
make the buffer returned bigger?

Any help on the would be greatly appreciated.

All the Best
Dave