Crashing Error on RunRev 2.7.4.291

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 9 11:09:47 EST 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Dave wrote:

> Some related questions:
>
> 1.  Is 2.7.4.291 worth using? I am running on a Mac only at
> present. I've had no end of problems using versions prior to
> 2.7.4.291, but I was told (perhaps incorrectly) that 2.7.4.291 was
> "a lot better". Now I'm not so sure.

I use 2.7.4.291 for my day to day work.

> 2.  I am trying to make it Access an External Command on Intel
> Mac's only. Is this feasible under 2.7.4.291?

Yes.  I've been developing externals under 2.7.4.291 without any
problems.

> 3.  Can I access an Mac/Intel External Command using version
> 2.6.6.152?

2.6 is PowerPC so it will run under Rosetta.  As long as you are
developing a UB version of your external then I *think* you can
develop externals using 2.6 as well.  I haven't tried this though as
I've been using 2.7 for development ever since I got my Mac Intel
laptop.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com