copy using the frontmost window

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Feb 9 01:32:18 EST 2007

At 12:02 AM -0600 2/9/07, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>My goal is to get the hilited text from a field onto the clipboard
>>in Windows.
>>
>>With Applescript, the following does a 'command key C' or copy which gets the
>>hilited text of the frontmost window in OS X:
>>
>>     tell application "System Events"
>>         key code 8 using command down
>>     end tell
>>
>>It copies the hilited text from the frontmost window.
>>
>>Is there a way to do this with Windows?

At 12:02 AM -0600 2/9/07, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>If you mean getting text from a Rev field, you can do it with native
>scripting on any platform:

Thanks for the reply.

Nope...I mean telling the frontmost application to do a copy.
The above applescript will tell whatever is the frontmost app to do a
'command C'
from its menubar. So, my Rev app is able to tell any application to
copy the hilited text
if it has access to System Events in OS X.

sims