Unidentified Flickering Menu (UFM) Phenomenon

Trevor Hopkins tjhopkins224 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:15:44 EST 2007

I've noticed that when I have a menuPick handler running from a menu in the
Mac menubar, that on occasion, when selecting among options in any given
menu, the menu bar flickers. That is, I select a new option, the handler
checks the new menuItem ("!c") and unchecks the previously checked menuItem,
and in the course of this check/uncheck process, all of the "buttons" in my
menubar disappear and reappear very quickly.

Can anyone explain the phenomenon I am seeing?

Cheers,

Trevor Hopkins
Exeter, UK