Monitoring local file transfers

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 21:35:28 EST 2007

On 2/7/07 4:20 PM, "Richard Miller" <wow at together.net> wrote:
> Chipp,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It's what I had been trying before. It
> certainly works in terms of transferring the files. But I can't get
> it to show the the progress of transferring any given file, like if I
> had transferred it from a remote server to my local computer. I'm
> using LibURLSetstatusCallBack, but this type of local transfer does
> not seem to generate any feedback. Any thoughts?

Local transfer does not  involve the same system procedures. In fact, I
think that a temp file is opened for the new file to be written and then
renamed as the last step for the user.

Well, I think you could read and write in 'mouthfuls' rather than bytes.

open file dorce for binary read
open file dest for append
put 0 into yyy
repeat
   read from file sorce at yyy for xxx --chars from yyy
   write it to file sorce
   add xxx to yyy
   updateProgressCounter
end repeat
close file dest
close file sorce

!! Not the exact syntax, but close to that

Jim Ault
Las Vegas