/Volumes/SomePlace-1 <----Why?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Feb 7 12:10:16 EST 2007

We have run into a scripting issue when a volume has been ejected or
unmounted, then re-mounted in Mac OS X. The re-mounted volume name path
will have a -1 or -2, etc. appended to the end of path. This is
problematic for scripting to automatically access files within the volume
(using the previously known path). Only in Terminal can you see that the
path is being altered by the OS. In the Finder, the user still sees the
correct volume name without the appended numbers.

How can I remove these entries from /Volumes (other than reboot) so that
re-mounting the drive/location renders the same path as when first
mounted? Thanks in advance!

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>