Memory Problem?

Peter Reid preid at reid-it.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 17:24:05 EST 2007

I've now managed to use buffered file copying for the problem I
mentioned previously.  Here is my file copying handler:

on copyAfile  sourceFile, destFolder, fCreatorType
   constant cBffrSize = 10485760 -- copy in 10Mbyte chunks
   set itemDelimiter to "/"
   put destFolder & last item of sourceFile into destFile

   -- set the Mac OS filetype & create destination file:
   set the fileType to fCreatorType
   open file destFile for binary write
   -- open source file:
   open file sourceFile for binary read

   -- copy the file data:
   put empty into dataBffr
   put false into gotEOF
   repeat until gotEOF
     read from file sourceFile for cBffrSize chars
     put the result is "eof" into gotEOF
     put it into dataBffr
     if dataBffr is not empty then
       write dataBffr to file destFile
     end if
   end repeat

   close file destFile
   close file sourceFile

   -- copy Mac OS resource fork info:
   put getResources(sourceFile) into resourceList
   set itemDelimiter to comma
   repeat for each line i in resourceList
     put item 1 of i into resType
     put item 2 of i into resID
     put copyresource(sourceFile,destFile,resType,resID) into junk
   end repeat
   put empty into junk
end copyAfile

The remaining problem I have is that the copied file has the current
time & date NOT the same time & date as the original file.  If I had
used the revCopyFile, then the time & date would have been preserved.

Can anyone suggest how I can change the (creation or modified) time &
date on a file so the copies are the same as the originals?