Wide PNG's displaying only coloured stripes?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Feb 6 08:20:44 EST 2007

On 06/02/07, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:
> Recently, David Bovill wrote:
>
> > Here is an example:
> >
> >   http://docs.rev-co.de/radial.png
>
> How do you intend to display this image?  Do you show it at full size and
> expect a user to scroll it around the screen, or do you scale it down?

Both - hand pan around and view the entire image. Also trying to
figure out an interface to zoom in and out - not sure what the best is
there. I don"t want icons and maginifying glasses more of a game like
interface or Google Earth style?

> FYI, I can't get it to display in a stack -- the size exceeds the threshold
> Sarah mentioned.  When the image is scaled to 4000 pix wide, it imports as
> expected.

Yes - I think that has fixed the problem. Especially if I can figure
out how many inches 4000 pixels is :)